To ensure you have the most amazing year ever, below is a list of the
Top 10 Start Loving Life Tips
for an AMAZING YEAR!!!!
1) First and Foremost, don’t make ANY resolutions. You set yourself up for failure before you even begin. Yes, plans are nice but leave it at that. The good thing about plans is they can change. Don’t make some crazy resolutions that once you mess up, you’ll feel bad, your new year goes to crap quickly, and then you’re already looking forward to NEXT YEAR.
2) Make New Years happen every freakin day. Wake up every single morning knowing you can start the day any way you want. If you want to be cranky about what happened the day before, knock yourself out, you have that right. But geeeeez, do you really want to keep the momentum of what’s going wrong in your life. Noooooo. Instead, know that every day you can start over. Every day you can do something different.
If you are on a diet and ate a big piece of chocolate cake the night before, who cares! Get over it, start that crazy diet you committed to the next morning. Simple. Every day you can start over.
3) Appreciate all the little things in your life going right. So many times we focus on what’s going wrong and we increase the likelihood of more things going wrong in our lives—–which we all know stinks! Instead focus on the simple things that are going right in your life such as maybe a roof over your head, a paycheck (even how small or large it is), friends, family or how about the fact that you have internet connection because clearly your reading this blog (and I bet it’s on a smart phone too).
Stop hemming and hawing about what’s not working and start paying attention to what is. You will be surprised how once you shift your focus toward what “is” working, things will start to improve for you like magic, but it’s not. It’s actually how life is supposed to work.
4) Give yourself a break. You are harder on yourself than anyone else. Get over it, life is not perfect and neither are you. You are going to screw up, face it. The good thing is every time you screw up it further clarifies what you want in life. Take the hit (I mean lesson) and move on.
5) Break the rules. It’s your life, you define it. Don’t live your life for other people. Be who you are and everything will work out for you. This includes your parent or partner. Gotta love em but only you know what’s best for you. Be relentless in what you want, don’t whine, be happy and soon the others will follow.
6) Sometimes you have to cheat. I am a die-hard Atkins fan, but put a Friendly’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Sundae with Chocolate Almond Chip Ice cream in front of my face and consider it gone. If you love something, don’t deprive yourself. Everyone deserves a little ice cream once in awhile.
7) Have Fun. Don’t make a big deal about little things going wrong. Make the best out of each day and fun will follow you.
8) Laugh whenever possible. Why? Because life is just so much more fun that way.
9) Practice smiling more. The reality is most people don’t smile. Smiling is sexy, try it. Try smiling at a stranger and pay attention to how they react, they will either look at you like your weird, gleefully smile back or will think you want to date them. Either way—-it’s fun to smile.
10) Pay attention to Nature. Come on it is free and readily available. It wasn’t until just recently at the advice of my dog trainer that I started to walk my Chihuahua Pumkin at age 5. I know. Who needs a dog trainer to tell them you’re dog pees all over your house because he never sees the outside. To my defense, I swore he was wee-wee pad trained and just kept missing the pad? Haaa—okay, plus I got new carpeting and I wasn’t messing that up.
Either way it brought him and I outside to nature. I will admit though, when it is freakin cold out, my attitude is more of a “hurrrrrry up already Pumkin”!! But when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping, I often take a moment to look around and think, damn…this walking the dog thing really aint soooo bad!
There you have it! Hope you enjoyed and cheers to the BEST YEAR EVER.